Lift Heavy, or go home.

I spent all four of my high school years electing to take Weight Training for my physical education. In ninth grade I felt like a giant at 5'9" and 140lbs, I looked more like a buck-fifteen. I was a bit lanky and awkward (still am a bit), but you would have never known I could curl a 50 pound dumb bell one handed.                                                                           To this day, I have never regretted taking weights class. I learned what good form was, mind-to-body/muscle connection, and how to get a pump as a 15 year old girl. Fast forward 15 years, I found the love of my life. He's a natural body builder, gifted with genetics and physical discipline other men envy. Naturally when we started dating I stepped up my gym-game. Lifting weights was like riding a bike. I definitely couldn't lift as much weight, but the mind-to-body connection was like an old friend, and the muscle fatigue was like a welcomed house warming gift. Earlier this year, I challenged myself to lifting 5 days a week for just a month.  The results were impressive. My mentality of lifting heavy came back quickly. Every one is different, but there's a stroking of the ego that happens when I hear an internal voice that sounds much like a drill sergeant  spitting and spouting, IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT?!  And I answer back with powerhouse aggression. It might be weird, but that bulldog voice pushes me to lift hard and heavy. (The image below shows my progress after completing my personal challenge.)

The lifting heavy bracelet was a design created from my personal motto. Lift heavy doesn't just refer to weights. Lift heavy means taking responsibility when no one else is. Carrying the load when others won't, or being the person that others can count on. I like people who do heavy lifting. Those are the people I want to be around, work next to, and talk about the glory that life holds when are backs are broke (and yoked), are teeth are bared, and the mind focused. That's what "lifting heavy" truly is.





Speaking of people that lift heavy, I named the Lift Heavy design as a work inspired by Samantha Baker (pictured below). Her body is kickin' and her attitude is rad. This picture is one of the first I saw of her, and it blew my mind. She's been my inspiration throughout my weight training journey and has been kind enough to email words of encouragement several times.... and I hope one day we will be kicking-it at a show together.  



You live once, don't be a weakling. Need a reminder to Lift Heavy? Get it here: http://etsy.me/Ie6l6i

Xox to all the BB chicks & heavy lifters,

LuLu