"Don’t Run, Stop Holding Your Tongue" - Sara Barellies

I hadn't paid much attention to Sara Bareilles or her music until an early morning October drive to my day job when the song "Be Brave" punched its spunky beat through my car speakers. Her lyrics pierced to the center of my heart. I lost my breath for a moment as this euphoric feeling of being one with another Sara(h) had doused my soul. She was telling the world I want to see you be brave.   I...do...too...Sara! I want to see the world be brave.

Here's why it hit to the core of me. I can be a scardy-cat, sometimes. Shortly after launching Bad Bad Jewelry I was hesitant to share my latest creations with my friends and family. My designs can be offensive to some, while also an expression of who I am, that can feel a bit weird and conflicting. You see, I love words. I love the meaning that they hold, I love the power that they carry, and I LOVE how they can change a life forever. So I started using them in my designs, to remind myself of my own power and also inspire and empower other women to be true to themselves and be their own voice. So on that morning Sara spoke to Sarah (me, LuLu) and told me to be brave, and I heard her.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BadBadJewelry








Can we just break down some of the lyrics? Yes, yes we can.

Here are my favorite lyrics:

You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug. Or you can start speaking up. But I wonder what would happen if you say what you wanna say and let the words fall out.
Honestly I wanna see you be brave.
Don’t run, stop holding your tongue. Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live. Maybe one of these days you can let the light in.  Let your words be anything but empty, why don’t you tell them the truth?

Show me how big your brave is.


Listen to Sara's jam....




Be yourself. Be Bold. Be Brave.

 Xox,

LuLu