Practical Fall Wardrobe Staples for a Polished Look


Fall is filled with trips to coffee shops (thanks to the pumpkin-spice latte!), grocery store runs for hearty slow-cooker ingredients, pumpkin-patch-picking and hay rides. Every year new fall-fashion-trends emerge that some of us aspire to shop for, but in reality shopping trips don't always give us the return we expect. That's ok!

Your closet already has the basics for a polished & simple everyday look. Keep reading to learn the wardrobe staples!

I've started pulling my go-to outfits for quick errand departures, cafe meet ups, dinner dates, and autumn festivals.

My advice: keep it simple and add one thing to your outfit that makes you you. My choice, naturally, is jewelry.

from my closet




























My closet is mixed with brand new designer-labels, thrift-store finds, plus new & sale items from Target, Ross and the like. Here's what you'll need this fall...

Practical Fall Wardrobe Staples for a Polished Look


1. A good fitting pair of jeans
Each season our bodies fluctuate in size due to eating habits, exercise regimens as we tend to get busier, and changes in the weather. My favorite jeans for fall and winter are my Hudson's. They have enough stretch to make me feel comfortable, are a darker wash which is great for slimming, and well made so I know they will last. 
2. Heeled boots
The key here is to wear a short wide heel, less than 2".  I jumped on the tall-boot band wagon when every one else did, but I prefer a heal over flats for the sake of elongating my legs. 

3. One to Five basic tee's or blouses
Whether it's a v-neck, crew, boat neck, or collared shirt - solid colors, simple patterns, and old rock tee's will work. The important factor is that you LOVE the fit because you'll wear them often. These are important for a simple put-together look and act as a foundation to layer with a jacket, blazer, or sweater, which leads me to the last thing...

4. Black and neutral colored jackets, sweaters, blazers, and cardigans
My favorite pieces to wear this season are long cardigans. I love black and white patterened anything: home decor, fashion, or office supplies - I love the color combo. An over-sized cardigan is my go-to until it gets cooler and I'll switch over to my leather jacket.

5. Accessories
This is simple! We all associate hats and scarves with fall (click those links for the top pins on Pintrest) but what can really complete your look is jewelry. Once your indoors hats and scarves tend to come off, and the right jewelry can lend itself to a complete look. Keep it simple and your style.


For simple and edgy pieces for this fall and gifts, check out my designs at BAD BAD.


























Get a free song download for your workout jams when you subscribe to my newsletter - Get It Here