GIRLS ONLY: Working out while you are on your BLEEEP.

I have no idea WTF happened last week. Wait, yes I do... female hormones. They went through the roof! I f'd up my diet and made myself wrong for it. The mistakes were not the same extremes that I have made in the past, still I ate...

  • 3 mini (bite size) candy bars two days in a row 
  • 4 bites of ice cream on the weekend

That is nothing compared to past eating habits, but its something considering I have made the choice to alter my life to a healthy one. Luckily the ice cream wasn't my favorite flavor so I gracefully bowed out after a quick sugar fix. I horribly dislike sugar cravings. I have a salt tooth, not sugar cravings, but once I get a taste of carbs it becomes Me vs. the Fridge. Me = freight train.



This last week was difficult because I had 10+ hours of prep work to do for a weekend photo shoot I had been planning for 2 months for the release of my new fitness jewelry line. On top of my full time job, running my own part time business, squeezing in workouts 4 days a week following the Jamie Eason Live Fit program, and maintaining healthy relationships, it was hard to stay on top of it all.

I was pushing against the body and mind to get stuff done. I had to take several (hundreds) of breaks, cry over the phone with a girl friend, text-vent to 2 close friends, and stare off into space 5 times.

Here is what I learned

1) When I  define my priorities and am committed to letting nothing stop me, I will always find ways to MacGyver my schedule to make it all happen.

















2) Use a calendar and schedule priorities first and allow the calendar to dictate my day. My calendar is my acting personal assistant, I do what she says.

3) If my body (not my mind) is telling me to take a day off from working out, do it. I learned the hard way that when there is blood loss due to menstruation, my strength and endurance is diminished and I need to build up the iron in my blood.














4) If I skip a workout, double up the next day.
















5) After 15 years of having monthly visits from Aunt Flow, I am very aware of my capabilities during her visit and after her visit. I know that as soon is her bon-voyage I'll powerfully get right back into the swing of things.

6) Listen to my body and give myself some grace and time to rest. More than likely my body needs it.










Sure enough, yesterday after the calming of the storm I got more done than I ever thought possible.

  • Worked my full time job
  • Spoke to 2 new VIP gym contacts about selling my jewelry through their businesses
  • Corresponded & got the go-ahead for another contract with Nasty Gal
  • Created 6 new designs
  • Hand wrote corresponding "thank you for your order" cards
  • Packaged and shipped all 6 orders
  • Got in a full leg workout
  • Made dinner & today's lunch
  • Walked the dog
  • Started my first day of school and completed 3/5 of the homework
  • And a crap load of other boring business related details 
My day started at 5:30am and ended at 10:30pm. Who's the shit? I am. No excuses. Figure out how to make it work for you.

Back on top!


















You want it right? All you have to do is start....somewhere!

Ladies, I leave you with this advice

Take breaks when your body needs it. Stay focused on your goal by reading about diet and exercise, or watching YouTube vid's on your favorite fitness models or VC runway shows while you're laying low. Don't lose site of your goal. Whatever you do, don't get off the roller coaster while it is still going.

A little too extreme,

Sarah